It’s summer, the holiday season is upon us, and the last thing anyone is worried about right now is covid-19. Health experts, however, warn against getting too relaxed and taking steps to protect our health and prevent a dreaded sixth wave from ruining our vacation plans.
Health expert Vanessa Ascenção says that now is the time to maintain good physical and mental health, and boost immunity and energy levels to avoid illness and exhaustion. Therefore, a large proportion of South Africans are not in the best state of mind, with studies showing a 36.4 and 38.7 percent increase in anxiety and depression disorders in the last two years. Additionally, many people turn to unhealthy eating, alcohol, tobacco, and anti-anxiety medications to treat anxiety, while others have reported increased tiredness, low energy levels, and exhaustion.
Ascencao suggests trying to adopt the following good habits to end 2022 on a high and healthy note:
- Prioritize eating healthy, nutritious foods that boost immunity and energy, such as fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, and lean protein.
- Eat up to 80% full – this will reduce overeating, encourage mindfulness and improve energy levels.
- Stay active and go for a walk after meals to help improve blood sugar levels and aid digestion.
- Avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Take high-quality supplements to help boost energy, boost immunity, and support a healthy nervous system, like BetterYou Boost B12 Oral Spray, which has been shown to work better than pills. Studies have shown that low vitamin B12 levels can lead to a 51% increased risk of depression and that vitamin B12 supplementation can significantly improve depressive symptoms. Vitamin B12 helps make red blood cells that carry oxygen to cells and tissues in the body. It has also been shown to help reduce tiredness and fatigue, as well as help with concentration and memory.